Unprecedented Breadth and Diagnostic Yield
The key service offered by Genatak for cancer is Whole Exome Sequencing. Although the Human exome is estimated to cover only 2% of the Human genome, it contains approximately 90% of the mutations in the DNA that can be disease associated. Following sequencing, a 2-stage analysis is carried out. Firstly all variants in the sample are identified and categorised in terms of severity. The second stage involves linking variants with disease.
The fundamental advantage of Whole Exome Sequencing is almost all the exons in all the genes are sequenced. So the test is very comprehensive and has a superior diagnostic yield when compared to conventional methods of testing single genes, or using low-density microarrays.
The 3 key advantages of our service are:
- Fast turnaround of 6-8 weeks
- Data presented in variant filtering interface
- Optional clinical report with sign-off from a MD Geneticist
For targeted and personalized cancer therapies Genatak offers the following tests:
- Her2/Neu gene amplification Fluorescent in situ hybridization test (FISH) in breast cancer
- BRCA1/BRCA2 mutations detection, which includes novel Arab variants
- EGFR 29 detects 98% of published EGFR mutations in Lung Cancer
- BRAF test detects 95% (Thyroid cancer and melanoma) of the published BRAF mutations including the V600E
- KRAS 7 test detects 98% (colorectal cancer) of the published KRAS mutations
- EML4-ALK test (21 fusions) detects 100% of the published EML4-ALK fusions, and detects about 98% of the published ALK fusions
- RET (9 fusions) and ROS1 (14 fusions) test detects 100% of the published RET and ROS1 gene fusions